Sunday 8 June 2014

Busy as a Bee !

Hy Folks,
It's been a busy 2 weeks with family visiting and weeding and watering. The weather here in Ireland was unexpectedly drier and warmer than usual, with the few downpours in between. 
Everything is growing at a good rate,as even since my last post we have eaten 2 heads of Broccoli..


and they are absolutely yummy. I have just sown another module of them today.

Peas and Dwarf French Beans have been producing for a while now too. I had 2 Cucumber plants, 1 died off but the other one is going to be plenty for us by the look of it. I never expected to have the amount already on it..and this one is almost tipping the soil, but many more are coming up the vine.Might nip this one off soon to give the others higher up a chance and will give it a feed of my home brewed nettle and comfrey liquid feed.

Tomatoes.....what can I say....they are my first love among all my veggies. Once an addict, always an addict.. there is NO cure....I sow and plant the amount I can cope with.....BUT....there is always the "few" side shoots that escape me nipping off until they have grown so big that I haven't got the heart to throw them away. So surpless to requirements are still potted up and I will find somewhere to put them even if it is in pots among other plants :)


Once upon a time long ago I do remember sowing and planting Sweetcorn, but obviously they must have come to nothing as I have no recollection of that first taste, and I do love corn on the cob. So earlier this year I said I would try again for old time's sake. Well...I am pleasantly surprised to show you what they have achieved this time round so...and I am well pleased...


I have left out a lot because I usually forget to bring my camera down the veggie garden with me. Whenever I do get an iPhone it would be much easier, but pigs might fly before that happens.
Thank You for stopping by to have a look and I would love some constructive comments or otherwise ;)
Robbie says Hello too   

Cheers,
Catherine C.

5 comments:

  1. A most enjoyable post and terrific photos, I especially like your robin one.
    I've only just sown my sweetcorn seeds! Happy gardening, Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Flighty. I am pleased with the sweetcorn too x

      Delete
  2. I do not get robins in my garden as of late but if I want to see a robin I have to go to my parents garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes everything is growing at a very fast rate here even the council gardeners are behind as the edge grows and road side lawns are all out of control ,I had to buy a brand new Bosh lawn mower my last one got left out in the rain :-( but I had had it a great number of years and it had done me proud :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely update and thank you for sharing and have a blessed evening

    ReplyDelete